Tuesday, September 14, 2004

No EZPASS, But I'm Going Anyway

I'm running around today trying to accomplish 20 things in a 10 thing timeframe, because tomorrow I leave for vacation with my friends. J is the most understanding and reasonable man I know, because I leave him home twice a year for my long weekend vacations with my group of girlfriends, and it doesn't bug him one bit. He's terrific. Of course, I spoil him rotten with pampering and attention the rest of the year, so he doesn't have much to complain about. I don't pat myself on the back very often, but I do have to say that I'm a pretty decent girlfriend.

But enough about how great I am [insert GUFFAW here], on to my laundry list of complaints! Speaking of laundry, my clothes dryer is dead, time of death, 12:30 p.m. EST, and of course there is a load of wet laundry sitting in there in a lump, crying for attention. GREAT. That'll just add to the usual trying to pack without overpacking funtime. The engine light is on in the car again, despite several diagnostic checks at the garage, but the oil, gas and air pressure are all good to go, so dammit, I'm driving on a wing and a prayer. I have a Triple A card and American Express, so I'm feeling brave.

See, none of these petty things are going to stop me, because...We need this vacation. NEED it.

My friends and I have all been through the mill this past year, with family problems that would curl your spine, cancer, other health issues galore, the death of one parent, the usual work problems, etc., etc., and we have had it up to here [indicating spot well above my head, because my friends are all taller than me, and I'm compensating]. Even though the weather forecast for the end of the week bites, I could care less. Lounging around with my girls is the best treatment for this kind of malaise.

So, I won't be around for about a week, but I'll be back with the same general complaints and nonsense soon. Be good to each other.

This site is certified 38% EVIL by the Gematriculator